View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Should i continue with online poker career or return to 9-5 job?

[ QUOTE ]
Greg, thanks for you reply. Outside from occasional wisecracks here, these 2+2 boards are fantastic place to voice these thoughts and have people who really understand you give useful feedback.

Obviously greg with you your wife is very happy now, with your last 16 months which made most people entire career worth of earning in 1 spot.

But what about just before that, when you were still doing OK, but struggling to get by, and having to resort to solicite backers for entering poker tournaments.

At time it must have been tough or a bit awkward for her too. How did it make you feel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to answer for Greg, but he wasn't just playing poker - he was a working attorney. He also was playing higher stakes than you are, and had a solid reputation at the tables and here...........neither of which you currently have.

I'm not trying to be an AH here, but based on your posts over the past six months I would say you had some excellent results the first 25K hands, then fell into a losing mode. Perhaps you have gotten back to where you are making 1-2BB per hour, but I make the assumptiion that you are back at the $5 tables and heading for a yearly earn of wellunder $100K. If this is the case, consider the job more heavily.

If I am wrong, and you are making over $100K, take some of the cash you have and get an office. Start a small business as a software consultant, and spend time at your office looking for clients, and playing poker online. This will make you an independant businessman, and everybody will think your main income is coming from your "profession" of software developement. If you are really successful at poker, there will be plenty of money to pay your bills, you might even get a software client, and you can travel to tournaments. If you are not really successful, then you won't have money for bills, and you will be forced to get a real job.....your talent in poker will lead the way.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]