View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: southern style sides

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ah jake.. I understand that you're an expert in every field.. or at least have some nonsensical thing to say about everything. That's cool. I understand that there's some traditional, macho thing involved in smoking meat, to while away in front of a fire - outside. I understand that.

...and if you want to justify your macho-ness by saying that I'm wrong, and not pointing out any particular flaw in my logic - that's cool, too.

...but you won't be making better ribs than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm not an expert in every field. I AM an expert in THIS field. As I said, I grew up in the BBQ bidness. I did point out the flaw prior to your post. The flaw is that if you can't get ribs tender by smoking them then you have no idea what you're doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

...but most people don't have a nice, big smoker that can fit a slab of ribs in it, do they? My way, not only makes the meat incredibly tender, and deals with connective tissue - which I'm still not convinced that smoking does... but it's also something that anyone with an oven can do in their own homes. I'm not saying that you can't make good ribs by smoking them, I'm saying that *anyone* can make great ribs by following my simple advice.