View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: $2/$4 Stud/8 - Huh?

This kind of hand happens to me all the time, I'm not successful in isolating a single low draw, and their boards still don't improve that much, I lose a lot of bets in this spot that I think I could avoid.

3rd- In my experience this is very often an oddly played 3 card low that will often have an A, (AA)4 a smallish amount of the time

4th- Standard.

5th- JJ probably does NOT have two pair here most of the time, but he's picked up some outs for your half of the pot. Other guy is obviously on low. I think you have the odds to call here (correct?) but there may be some jamming as soon as 5 hits his low, so is this a playing loser with this hand?

6th- I'd read this as jacks up (stumbled onto from the low draw) from the checkraise, seat 5 obviously made his low. Not the case here, but thats what I'd see it as.
If that was the case you'd have what, around 3 to 1 for the high half of the pot? I make this call here even though I hate it, but when getting trapped in trying to fend off low draws with a big pair is a big hole for me, even though I try and be really careful about it.

Interesting to see what others have to say.