View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Some Analyses of Poker Data - What Accounts for Our Winnings?

Just keep on doing what your doing, you have a very interesting experiment going and it would seem very worthwhile to follow up on.
While Shermn is making totally significant points as well. There are times when you will play according to how your running like being more aggressive when cards have been coming and then theres the days where they have you pretty gun-shy because you just got your aces cracked the last 2 times they were dealt. (and you thought you were lucky to have them dealt twice within an hour too right?)
To further comment, I am kind waiting to see the loose-aggressive player (in the right game) make up a lot of ground soon.
Its often been a staple of mine when I get to a table that is way too tight and to re-raise a few guys that I catch who like to limp with A's and K's and raise with AK.
It only normally costs me one small bet to play like this BUT you would be suprised how they start to "Lose composure" when you crack em say twice, and now they are gunning for you the game has taken on a fresh loose-aggressive style while now after laying the bait you play the lion in the tall grass and revert to tighter play.
Remember too that when the game changes like this that it is NOW CORRECT to make a lot of calls that you otherwise couldnt have before according to pot odds and such so you will still be there to grab another nice hand with an ace-babys or a nice str+flush draw and remember to pop it if you have the position not to see a third bet when U make your flop, you now build the pot yet you have the option if they check around to you on a miss.
Ok, lemme shut up but nice work, this shuld be good!