View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Sittin\' out (absolutely no content, just coffeetalk)

[ QUOTE ]
So last night we just started the final table of a PLO8 tourney. I'm 2nd chip stack. Something comes up and I can't finish it. So I make some calls but this is our regular home game night (that I wasn't at obviously) and everyone is there so no one could play it for me.
So I click "Away" and leave.
Later I find out I took 4th (almost 3rd) and people were not happy with me at all. From the 2nd BB I sat out they were saying all kinds of nasty things like "Rduke = weak sh*t", "Duke is a greedy bastard", and "f u RDuke".
I was amused.
Looking at the HH I loved it when a shortie would raise my blind and get reraised by a big stack.
One guy was pissed someone else with a monster stack was betting into him when I was all-in on the BB (I ended up winning that hand and the pissed off guy busted the next hand).
While I can see why the short stacks would think they don't want me to sit out I can't figure out ehy I was considered greedy.
And why they even commented, it's obvious I wasn't sitting there watching it.
Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a homegame is more important than what, half an hour of a final table (I don't know how long PLO8 takes)? I'd be like "sorry guys, I'm kinda fighting for a lot of money right now".

Either that or buy a laptop. They're great. You can even play poker while dropping a deuce...so to speak.