View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: EV wise, who do you want to win WSOPME?

[ QUOTE ]
Since Barry Greenstein donates his tournament winnings to assorted good causes, if he had won it would have definitely been +EV for the world.

Everyone seems to think a woman would be a good candidate. As a woman, I think that would be moderately -EV for me, personally. (I get underestimated a lot at the poker table.)

And I think, by and large, women play tighter than men, so I'm not 100% convinced that the money brought in would be nice and loose.

But if one wants to bring women in (which would be a nice vast assortment of novice players) I vote for a soccer mom. Whoever said Shannon Elizabeth wouldn't bring in the women was dead on. She would just increase the number of <21 year old males trying to crash the ME next year.

Personally, I vote for a Gus Hansen variety. (No disrespect to Gus.) The thought of a bunch of poor players trying to bluff into me with 47o all next year gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strictly on the basis of this post and your handle I am now attracted to you. If we ever meet in real life, I'd like a smooch.

fim