View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Fantasies and dreams

[ QUOTE ]
Iraq violated the armistice multiple times and the even tried to assassinate Bush41 when he went to Kuwait.

[/ QUOTE ]
The part about armistice violations is mostly hogwash. The Iraqis have only fired at American and British airplanes when the latter were bombing Iraqi installations. The UN had authorised two no-fly zones over Iraq, in the North and in the South, but there was never any authorisation for airplanes monitoring the no-fly restriction to bomb Iraqi targets! (not except in self defense.) The American and British pilots were bombing everything they characterized as "threatening" or a "military target", including hits on civilians, as it turned out. The Iraqis exercised their legitimate right of self-defsne and fired on those airplanes (by the way, hitting almost nothing and nobody). This was characterized by the American side as a vilation of armistice!

As to the part about Saddam organizing the assassination of Dubya's dad, it belongs in the realm of fantasy. The president simply claimed it happened -- and we are supposed to believe it happened. If that was the reason for the royal mess in Iraq, then it was a fabricated, moronic reason.

[ QUOTE ]
You are DREAMING. Clinton did no such thing.

[/ QUOTE ] What exactly are you disputing? That Bill clinton went after the REAL anti-American terrorists, such as bin Laden and his ilk? You would be totally wrong if you thought so.

Are you disputing that Clinton went after those who bombed the USS Cole and the World Trade Center? He caught them for crying out loud. He put them in jail. They are still there!

[ QUOTE ]
I'll believe Freeh and others.

[/ QUOTE ]
What "others"? Most of those working in the intelligence community and law enforcement agencies have come out in praise of what Clinton did -- which was what an adult president would do anyway, unlike the moronic policy of Dubya and the neo-cons who rule over America since 2000.

I don't know what agenda Freeh is on. All I know is the historical record. I could provide you with details, if you are interested and willing to examine that with an open mind.
[ QUOTE ]
I read a story where many Kurds admire Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]Your nanny read that story to you? You're basing your assessments on "stories"? Have you ever, at all, studied the political and cultural History of the Kurds? You obviously know little of the subject, yet you are ready to support extremely important geostrategic changes in the region ("the Kurds should have their own country" etc) on the basis of half-digested info and "stories". Did you know, for instance, that the Kurds have been, for centuries, the most brutal and ferocious soldiers among the Ottoman armies? They were something like that the Gurkhas are to the British!