Thread: AK good or bad?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: AK good or bad?

[ QUOTE ]
5-5 $500 max nl live 6 handed mediocre game at best. so im sitting there and a sorta pal of mine who plays pretty well is telling me about how he made a really nice laydown in a game the other day. i get AcKs in the bb. it's live straddled for $10. everyone folds to sb, my pal, who calls the $5, i make it $40 straight, straddler folds, sb calls quickly.

the flop is KhKc7c, he checks, i bet only $60 and he calls right away.

the turn is Th. he checks, he has $270 and ive got him covered, so i put him all in.

did i play this right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you playing in a sub-mediocre game unless you expected it to get better soon?

BTF the raise to $40 seems about right but I guess some would argue for a slightly bigger raise maybe to $60.

Before the flop betting the pot is $85 or so after rake. With a big hand on a semi-drawfull flop I'd bet maybe $70 or $80 but $60 can't be that bad unless you rarely underbet the pot (against regular observant opponents). Then it looks like you are trying to trap.

Before the turn betting the pot was $205 if I didn't miss any more fingers and toes. Your going all the way with this hand and since there is a potential draw you might as well put your opponent with slightly more chips than the pot all-in. If there was no draw I'd bet about half his stack now and the rest on the river.

~ Rick