View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: QQ flops undercards and get min-checkraised. I hate how I played it

I know everyone seems to be ok with your play here, and without wishing to become uncle agg, I agree with you that I don't like it.

pre flop seems ok - you get the ideal heads up. You're in a blind position when you raised pf so it could look like a steal.

the flop bet is standard. The min raise from villain I think is also pretty standard. I think he's betting that with a pair a lot of the time. He might (poss but horrible in my opinion) be block betting for a draw as well.

So your flat call I don't like. You're either ahead or behind. You have to think you're ahead as you're only behind to a set. If you're ahead you cant give free cards. If you're behind you need to find out.

For me I think you reraise to 28ish so he's paying another 14 to continue his test of you. Your call doesn't convey the strength of your hand.

If he calls then you can slow it down. If he raises he has a set.

To me your flat call makes life uncomfortable for so many cards that hit. Any spade, J, A, K, 7, 3 isn't going to be easy to call even a half pot bet on either of the next 2 betting rounds.