View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: This Ought To Get Some Replies

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think is a recurring scheme amongst many minority groups in the attempt to rehabilitate their social status -> the re-definition of normality in a way so that it includes them also.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an ignorant bigot. But, I'm too kind. Re-definition of normality? Like blacks aren't normal? Or homosexuals? Unfortunately, ignorant bigots are far too common.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, this is the normal reaction and a recurring pattern on message boards. You have not read all of my postings, just the last one and you feel somewhat offended by it. That's the impression one can get if he reads and comments stuff out of context.

You call me ignorant, but that's wrong, because I have read lots of publications about the subject and formed my opinion based on that. Ignorant people don't care and usually refuse to inform themselves about the issue. That's the reason why ignorant people don't know about the latest discoveries of modern science. I know about these theories, but I think they are wrong. That's a difference.

Besides that you got two things wrong. First of all, I am not claiming that blacks aren't normal. It is normal that human beings belong to one of the many races and it is normal that there are many races. Other than that blacks are neither normal nor abnormal. This cathegory simply doesn't apply to races. Blacks are neither better nor worse whites, so there is no deviation from normality.

Second, you called my theory about homosexuals and their attempt to re-define normality ignorant, bigot, whatever. If you don't like to hear it from me, because you don't give me any credit for my education or studies, maybe you like to hear the same from a more or less respected scientist (at least he was member of the committee).

[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Bieber was one of the key participants in the historical debate which culminated in the 1973 decision to remove homosexuality from the psychiatric manual.

His paper describes psychiatry's attempt to adopt a new "adaptational" perspective of normality.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.narth.com/docs/normalization.html