View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: AK OOP against a PFR question

[ QUOTE ]
generally, if I choose to just call the raise preflop, I c/c a dry flop like that, then either lead or c/c the turn again. If I c/c flop and turn I lead the river a lot of times, just depends on the opponent.
Against most opponents, theres never a need to raise n a board like this, unless they're the type to make "big calls" on the river or they can't get away from TP hands. I would almost never c/r a flop like this since its a WA/WB situation.

I will occasionally on a flop like that, but mostly only against complete calling stations, or against someone good enough to realize that I would probably check AK here. I mean, mixing it up with a lead is fine, but my standard is c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is why I dont do that. You start check calling then all of a sudden there is a 3 flush on the board or the middle card pairs and you have killed all the action on a hand you should have made a nice chunk on if the villian has ace with a lower kicker, which is what he has here a lot of the time.
Lastly, your hand is not strong enough to slow play. Let someone stick around and you can lose your stack on the river instead of picking up the pot when you had the chance.