View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: So is this strange? Should I have a reaction?

I doubt you need to be concerned, and I think that's a natural development to the increased noise on 2+2.

I'll be checking out the new forum soon, even though I soon probably won't have a great deal of time for posting on either site.

I can see merit in the idea of an invite-only forum. 2+2 is a valuable resource indeed, but the noise level has gotten very high. Maybe that just comes with growth and the territory and there's nothing much that can be done about it.

The idea of a fee-based forum on 2+2 has been floated before, but I don't think that would solve the problem (nor do I guess it would mesh well with 2+2's business/sales model); nor likely would an invite-only forum on 2+2 mesh well with 2+2 as a whole, I would think.

Just my take at the outset. I don't see much need for concern about the other forum, though I do see some cause for concern about the increased noise here. Of course, maybe increased noise is a good indicator of growth, which is good for 2+2; so maybe from a business perspective the increased noise isn't much to worry about. I doubt the forums will ever deteriorate to the point that ALL the good posters go elsewhere, and I doubt that posters going elsewhere means that they won't post here also.

Maybe too my perspective is a bit slanted regarding the noise, as it is more of a problem on the casual forums on 2+2 than on the poker forums (though even there it has increased somewhat as well).