Thread: Is This Stupid?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Is This Stupid?

All right, just called 2 all-ins with hands I normally wouldn't touch cause I started "thinkin" (big mistake).

1) lvl 1, drunkard raises all-in first three hands, 4th hand I get AJs, guy pushes again, I think about it, decide I don't want someone else to get his stack and that AJs is good enough against a random hand so I call. Shows T2, and I am suddenly very aware that I'm not as much of a favorite as I would like to be, and that, indeed, most of the time, I won't be as much of a favorit as I want to be.

2) Don't play another hand till lvl 3 when I limp with TT. After a total of 4 limpers, BB (chipleader) bets his whole stack (2500) and everyone folds to me. I "think" about it:

He's not playing a premium hand this way, nobody bets 2500 into a 120-chip pot with AA/KK/QQ/JJ, at least not with the blinds so small--they want action. Maybe he has AK/AQ...but this raise still seems foolish. Hence: he probably is playing a smaller pair than mine and just wants everyone to go away. I call, he shows AA, I feel a bit foolish.

Were either of these calls OK, or should I stick to ABC "don't-piss-away-you-chips-moron" poker?