View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Reasonable shot at protection?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are you trying to protect? A payoff hand like AQ? If Button has AK or KQ, you're drawing slim to dead. Even if he has JJ/TT you have 6 dirty outs plus a backdoor prayer. I'd peel if you're feeling saucy, or else just fold. This flop sucks for you and there are a lot of opponents to get through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be amazed if we don't have a lot of situations here where we have more than 10% equity. Folding now gives up 2sb. Might as well make the best of em and do what you can.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since it's definately not sure we're seeing the river thinking in terms of equity isn't the way to go here. But we have 1.5 outs for our bdfd so and I would be amazed if our weak A/Q/bdsd-outs would make up for the rest of the 0.75 outs required to call. In this case we might even be able to count our bdfd as more than 1.5 outs since our implied odds will be great when hitting in a pot as big as this with 6 players. However, I think folding this flop would be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that there are several players in the hand does merit continuing, but after hero raises the flop, how many of those players other than the sb are calling? KJ/KT or worse will probably call, as will sets and straight draws. Hitting the backdoor flush or straight will not pay off that much if it's only hero and sb in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it becomes HU we definately have more than 2.25 outs.