Thread: Bubble Boy
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Bubble Boy

[ QUOTE ]
$20 N/L, 12-20 people, ~4,500 starting chips, blinds start at 25/50 and go up every twenty minutes. I am a very conservative player, so I don't get a lot of action when I am in a hand (I know I need to work on that). I feel like I am pushed off of decent hands sometimes...again, being conservative and trying to survive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without knowing how your opponents play, I'd say you should be able to make money at the larger tournament. You start with 90x the bb! While the blinds are small, which is a considerable amount of time since they only go up every 20 minutes, try to limp in in late position with anything, as long as your opponents will let you limp . If you can see a cheap flop while holding rags you may win a few monster pots, enough to give you a healthy stack at the final table. If you loosen up, do it in position.

Regarding being pushed off hands: I had the same problem. I started calling down more, but with certain criteria. First, call down the known aggressive players; (2) call when you are not being charged too much comparatively; (3) you don't have to have a great hand, but you have to have a hand when you call. You don't have to call often because everyone will notice. Probably occassionally the LAGs will say "good call" or somehow call attention to it, and advertise for you that you're not being pushed around as much. Sometimes you'll even win the pot!

If you do start to bluff more often, don't show the bluff. You want them to keep thinking you're conservative. Don't worry--once you are involved in more pots, you'll get more action.
gl