View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: \"Save pots, not bets\" vs. paying off too much - 2 hands

Hand 1: when it's two cold back to you you can't help but fold, but I like betting this river, they'll call often enough with worse hands, they don't have to have a flush draw, and they're a lot less likely to do what they did (although I don't expect to see that very often in any case).

Hand 2:
Fold preflop. OOP, marginal hand, doesn't play well multiway, you could well be up against a wide variety of hands from the raiser/poster/callers, but I don't know that you can turn a profit, at least not when you do what you did postflop.

Probably should look to check-raise this flop, rather than bet it. As is, considering how vulnerable your hand is and the number of draws that are out there, it might be worthwhile to wait for the turn, depending on where the bet comes from.

I really feel like you should find a fold somewhere on the turn. You have no real redraws, and the raise by MP1 into a large field shows a lot of strength on a three-flush, straighty board. Given how vulnerable your hand is, I'm not sure I even like the first call on the turn. Maybe raise the CO to face the field with two cold if you think you might still be good, there are too many draws to let people draw out on you the odd times your hand is good. Folding is sometimes underrated. I like it here.