View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: It\'s heads up... I raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet

"I felt the turn bet was for value as well as for protection. I didn't want villain to see a cheap river and hit his potential 6 outer. "

I feel that in this pot getting some value is more important than protection...this pot isn't big and you are heads up...

"My read was that Villain would never bluff."

what do you put him on when he donks the turn? if he is never bluffing and plays straightforward then i don't think you will be ahead here often, and probably shouldn't call the first bet...

you seem to be basing your flop/turn action on protecting your hand, this is not a situation where protection should be your first concern...the pot is small and you are heads up, this is not a situation where your opponent is getting the odds to peel with a small number of outs...the purpose of waiting till the turn to raise is to prevent people from sucking out on the river, in those situations you have to face them with two bets in order to accomplish this, but in a small pot your opponent will be making a mistake to call even one bet depending on what his hand is...

hopefully this is makes sense, its been a while since i posted and im trying to get back into things... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]