View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Live 20/40 w/ overs

Im trying to remember how this hand went down but the game was a great live game at the ameristar in st.louis,

we were playing 6 or 7 handed and everybody at the table had over buttons except Mark Wilson (who you pool fanatics will know is one of the best pool players, period. 5 time national 9 ball champion, 3 time national 8 ball). he doesn't have an over button. Mark is the absolute definition of weak tight. he'll check down an overpair on an even remotely scary board, he plays like 1 hand per hour, even in this game where me and my friend winston are the ones laggig it up. so im in the 6 seat. my friend winston is in the 7 seat. Winston is an aspiring poker player. he played at the commerce alot when he lived there. he would be good but when he's down he plays very bad, and he's a little lag. ive showed him my pokertracker database and compared it with him to help him try to beat the 30 game so he really respects my play.

at this point the game is pretty tight and winston is doing well, he was down like 2 racks but got 90% of it back so he's doin ok.

to his left is a guy who plays tight and has won "52 out of 56" of his last sessions...great, thats how you record a win, good for you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ... to his left is a bad playing but tight preflop player...

so only mark is un-overed.

as its folded to me i look around and the sb, bb and mark dont look too excited.

I have 74ss and raise, winston 3 bets all fold i call.

flop is Kc9c2c. i check and call. at this point he looks slightly afraid of this flop and he would have bet more forcefully if he had a K or a club from the looks of it. i plan to c'r the turn and bet the river.

turn is 7d i check and raise his bet. he looks disgusted, thinks a while and calls,

river is 4. damn, i bet. my plan was to get him to fold, but now i want a CALL.

what do you say to get the call after you played it strongly enough to get a fold?

Barron