View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:03 AM

Default My friend is terrible at poker....should I do anything?

My friend regularly asks me to transfer her some money on Party and she pays me back with cash. This is fine with me since it saves me the trouble of cashing out, but it seems that she always loses.

Like just the other day, she asks me for 50 bucks. I send it to her. She messages me about 20 minutes later and asks for another 50. This continues for a couple hours and she ends up borrowing 300 total. All in increments of 50 dollars.

And it's not like she plays just for fun either. She gets pissed off that she loses. She's always telling me about hands. Every hand that she tells me about she loses set over set...or her top 2 pair loses to a gunshot straight. Other pretty rare things seem to happen extraordinarily often for her. At least if I were to believe what she tells me. I watched her play for about 20 minutes once. It was .50/1 no limit 6 max. She played pretty horribly. I suck at cash games but I can still tell she sucks. It is very clear that she doesn't understand basic poker concepts.

I've given her tips, pointed her towards books and this site, but it's like she has no interest in studyig the game at all. She doesn't want to study it, but she gets really pissed that she loses so much.

I'm not worried about her not paying me back, I know she is good for the money, but I am guessing that she's borderline gambling addict. The bad kind of gambling addict. Should I say something? Should I stop transfering her money over Party?