View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Are Astrology Devotees SubHuman?

Wow,
Some emotion there. I have not seen the studies concerned. Usually in this sort of debate studies on both sides exist.
From a human point of view it would be very unusual if no studies existed that supported astrology. No matter how wacko an idea is, an appropriate misunderstanding of statistical analysis can usually be applied to support it.

Just to give you some more ammo against fundie christians like me tho': It's worth noting that Melancthon one of the Lutheran fathers believed in Astrology, and that in the Book of Job the bible appears to make clear reference to astrology.

The bit about heroin addicts is a little dubious. I have had the misfortune to meet one or two (since deceased) and would not wish this for anyones future.

While as a christian I might suggest that astrology could lead you into the occult and get your soul damned or something, I observe that heroin appears ultimately to remove the soul/humanity of the addict.

I note also that "all his life" is likely to refer to a very different timespans in the two references you make to it, perhaps you considered this in your evaluation of the relative utility of the two activities.