View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: QQ - I keep bettin\'. He keeps calin\'. Overplayed?

[ QUOTE ]
I have also had problems over playing my big PP's when i make an over sized raise PF and a pot sized bet on the flop and get called both times this starts to set of warning bells now... I used to continue betting hoping to induce a fold but if he called 2 large bets most $25 nl players aren't going to muck no matter what you do.

My question is how do you handle slowing down on the turn, especially when OOP and villian makes a large bet himself b/c of your implied weakness?

If it is a ragged board and you have an over pair do you call him down assuming he is overplaying TPTK?

If the turn card completes a str8 or flush draw do you fold to a large bet if the opp did not show any previous aggression in the hand?

Is a check raise an option here if you think the opp will lay down a hand like a ragged 2 pair if the are str8 and flush draws on the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you hope to induce a bluff by betting the whole way? I don't think $25NL and $50NL players bluff-raise, the field seems to be extremely passive.

Anyway, as I said before, my counter to the perceived weakness of slowing down is to do the same thing when I semi-bluff with a draw, or if in this case I held the 55.