View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Is this play routine?

[ QUOTE ]
I decided on the flop that he probably had me beaten. However, I would have called if I made a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your choice... And I dont think it is a bad one, since a lot of times, you will beat him. But I think 90% of this times you would have beaten him without filling your full house. I just cant imagine a players slowplaying a 7Q, 7J or 7T on a 77A flop with 2 spades, and a K turn. He acted very weak, so either he as a hand that does not mind giving not only 1, but 2 free cards, or he has very little and thinks you bluffed on the flop.

Anyway, I cant convince you, it is just a matter of how you play poker. But one important thing : in such a situation, when you are checked-called on the flop, then checked to again on the turn, it is ok to take a free card, but you always should have a made plan on the river. And many times, it should involve calling even with marginal hands, cause you are very likely to be bluffed by a good player, or folding with good ones, cause your feel you are already beaten and your opponent is slowplaying a monster.

See you

sahaguje