View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Is this play routine?

[ QUOTE ]
Turn : I am ok with your play, but only if you know what you are going to do on the river. If you think you will fold for a pot bet even if you made your FH, good play, maybe a little tight. If you think you want to induce a bluff, and pay a pot bet on the river whatever the river is, except maybe an A, very good play. But know if you think, if I make a FH I pay, if i miss I fold, this is very bad poker. SB either has you beaten already with a FH, or cannot beat you if a blank hits, like it happened on the river. With better trips, he would have bet or raised on the flop or the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was brilliant. In spite of the fact that I think I could teach you a bit about math and poker theory, I am sure you could teach me a lot more about poker.

My thinking, when reading the original post, was that the check-call on the flop was kind of scary. What could the other player have that he would check-call with? I liked the check behind on the turn and the fold on the river, but I am sure that I would have decided to call on the river if I had filled up. I hadn't thought about the fact that filling up on the river does not matter at all. Either he had a better full house than I can make, or he didn't and can't beat me.

Thanks for the food for thought.