View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: My Experience at Hollywood Poker (PokerRoom) thus far

Loaded up Hollywood Poker this morning at maybe 11, there were three 2/4 games going and maybe three 3/6 games. Not enough games! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I played 534 hands, and made 328 "points", for about 0.6177 points per hand.

At this rate, to clear the 1k in bonus, I'd have to play 37313 hands... I would be crazy enough to attempt this, but if you work it out:

At 1 hand per minute, this would take 621 table hours to do... at four tables, that's 155 hours.

However, I'd be credited with something like 10.4 cents per hand in rake, and that would work out to 3891.78 over the course of the bonus. Taking away 1k due to the bonus leaves behind 2891 for me to get a cut of...

So the total bonus would work out to ($722 + 1000) / 155, or about $11.12 per hour.

This is pretty good for such an extended period. Beats the hell out of what I have going at Party (but when the bonus expires party will be competitive again, and in the meantime, most party bonsues, due to software that I'm more comfortable with and better table selection, party be the best option).

However... (and this is going to be the bad part).

-------------------

Comparing Party to Pokerroom (Hollywood poker):

PR: 534 hands, 373 raked (69.85%), went to flop 471 (88.2%), average players on the table: 9.37, saw flop 30.51%, total rake: $490 (3.68% of pot: 3.66 at 2/4 and 3.74 at 3/6), everage pot was $26 at the 2/4 and $36 at 3/6.

At party: 26,785 hands, 54% raked, 90% went to flop, players 8.71, 33% saw flop, total rake 3.42% of pot, average pot was 27.95.

So.. you basically have something like 6% more people seeing the flop at party (33/31 = 1.06ish).

You have no table selection whatsoever. You play in far less short-handed situations at full ring tables, you pay more rake, the pots are smaller, etc.

Basically in every major metric party is a better site.

However, I'm curious about average post-flop aggression. I'm pretty sure it's much higher on this room also.

For some reason, people seem to assume that PFR's have overcards. It's been quite frustrating for me for the past few hours (can you tell?). [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyways, thought I'd give people a heads-up on the situation at that site. If you guys do decide to go there, hopefully this will ease hte transition for people who are used to the way party works (the client configuration and all that).

Oh yeah, and it's starting to drive me nuts looking around the table to try to find the GT+ stat tha goes with the guy that just entered the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If anyone has figured out how to datamine this site, please let me know, and if anyone has figured out how to get a good HUD going for it, please let me know.