View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Top Two Pair question on the Turn.

yet another question about the tricky top two pair. I raised the pot UTG with a 99AK double suited. and got three callers. The Flop came:

AK2 with the K2 suited. I Bet the pot (~$4) and got two callers and one person who went all-in for $5. We all called the extra $1. The turn came with a non-suited 5.
What action do you recommend in this situation? My gut feeling is to Pot it and let the hand go if I get raised.

If there is no raise what do you do on the river if it pairs the board, or brings the flush? (My Guess: Check/fold)

What do you do if it brings a blank like the 8d?

I actually checked the turn and bet the river when the board paired the river, hoping people would fold thinking I had aces full, which now that I think about it was dumb as I had shown weakness by checking the turn. It cost me $20, and probably would have cost me the same had I bet the pot on the turn and check/folded the river. I actually thought of how I would have played the hand if I was trying to lose all my money, and I probably would have played it alot better than I actually did, but regardless.

Are there any big gaps in my interpretation of the correct play of this hand?