View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Firefox over IE

First of all thank you for redirecting my thread to the correct forum (whoever did that).

Here are a few things to note for those who are still using IE (Internet Explorer). I am not going to give you the hole speach but I do want you to know (those who havent switched yet) that I have installed Firefox in my work, home and parents home and I have not recieved a single virus ever since, amazing how secure it is compared to IE. Also there was a problem with language support and now it is solved. I am using hebrew which apart from being a very uncommon language it is also written from right to left as oppsed to english all this issues and many more are solved in the Firefox. Not to mention its great extensions and themes. But again the top issue for me is Security and in that it has no comparisson. I have also read that some pages do not dosplay correctly in Firefox, IMO this is BS I have not encountered one web page in over two months that does not display correctly.

For those of you who like Firefox I have downloaded a few days ago Thunderbird (email software) much much better that the crappy Outlook Express, try it.

I know this thread sounds like an ad to the Open Source comunity (which BTW are doing wonderfull job), but unfortunatlly I am still usind WinXP and I can tell you that both Firefox and Thunderbird are top notch products obviously MUCH MUCH better that IE and outlook express.

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]