View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Folding the flop for one bet is cool

Given the risk of one or both of our pair outs being counterfeited or even the chance that we are drawing nearly dead to a strong made hand I do not think that a fold is terrible by any means.

However as the flop bettor is laggy I think that a raise is in order to try and get this HU. A call does not get us very far as a large variety of hands can call profitably behind us whereby they may have folded for 2 cold. I want to continue and raise here almost purely cause of the laggy stats not cause we want to go too far with our weak drawing hand. I don't think it takes much to turn this into a fold if -

1. Aggressive players behind us still to act

2. There is a caller between us and the flop bettor

3. No spade

4. Flop bettor has not shown any laggy tendancies

then I think a simple flop fold is best.

I have been re-evaluating my play with AK recently as it is not nearly as big a winner as it should be. This is cause I often take it too far.

Calling here is the worst of all options I think. Say a player to act behind us calls after we do with A4 (when he would have folded if faced with 2 cold) look how much trouble we are in when that ace falls.

Raising just about best for me but only for the reasons stated, folding a close 2nd with calling the worst of the 3.