View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: 10 Table NL 2000 on Party to reduce variance

[ QUOTE ]
Can you outline your monitor setup? Do you use 2 or 4? Box or line? Horizontal or vertical orientations? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt,

I use two computers and three monitors with 1600x1200 resolution. I like the two mouse set up. The most irritating thing for me is when the tables continue to pop up, making it difficult for me to type in a bet (or chat). Moving half the games to another computer helps with this annoyance.

I can put up to 8 full size tables on the dual monitor computer and three full size plus three UB in mini-view on the other. Usually I keep it to 11 games at peak times, and my table hour/hour average is about 8.5.

If you try this out for an extended period of time, I'd be really curious to get your opinion on how much big time multi tabling affects your big blinds/table hour. I am constantly torn between playing fewer games better and more games with a lower winrate. I figure even if my winrate is cut in half (per table hour), if I play twice as many games, I'll make more (based on rakeback and bonus). Overall, I would like to balance my play between making the most money and getting better at poker. I really feel like I've stagnated with regards to getting better over the last six or seven months. Of course the flip side of that is $$$$$.

Thanks