View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Questionable, but I think I like it

Preflop: I don't think you have enough to call with here. With one more caller and a hand like T7s I'd jump in, but with what you've got I don't think that even the best players can make a profit with this hand out of position.

Flop: With a flop this coordinated I think you need to be more cautious and check. Even if UTG raises (which I suspect is what you were hoping for), flush draws, straight draws, or 2 pair aren't going anywhere... and on a flop like that those hands are fairly likely. I think checking and calling (for a single bet) is the best play here.

Turn: I wouldn't bet out on the turn either. It seems very unlikely that you'll take down the pot now, but it also doesn't seem like there's much of chance that all 3 will play (even though that's what happened) and make it a profitable value bet. Turns out the pot got jambed up for you and everyone stayed in, but I don't think you'll usually get this lucky.

River: Okay, now this I like. The button could very well be bluffing, and your double bet will make it hard for anyone to call without an 8 or a straight. I hope you took it down.