View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:05 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: K6s in BB - Turn Donk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check/fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel like if I'm going to call fold a 552 flop I might as well just not play the hand. I'm not really disagreeing because that's what I'd usually do. But it just doesn't make sense if you think about the big picture (one less person, bigger pot, unilkely to have hit my opponent).

I don't know. Maybe I'm just trying a little too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with calling the flop is you are committing yourself to taking a shot at the pot, at least some portion of the time. you dont have odds to draw to 6 outs, and thats not considering the fact that you dont have 6. and on this board, you just dont have much folding equity. and you always have the option of deciding on the turn whether you want to take it away. this was a bad card to do it on. first of all, it is a wheel card so Ax might even raise for a free sd. you need to be able to try and hit your outs when your bluff fails

the next is lots of hands are calling you. probably any hand with a diamond calls. you have very little FE on this board. deciding you are going to fire 2 barrels is not an option.

the last problem is this is the quintissential "no one has anything" board and i dont think it takes much more than a novice hand reader to know that you probably dont have anything

i mean, its nice to think "K high is good really often here" but as long as he has position and initiative its going to be tough to take it down with K high. when the times you do tkae it down, it will have taken a significant investment to do so