Thread: PL Hand #4
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: PL Hand #4

Hmm, I think check-call and push are both viable here.

I actually think check-call is best, but it would just be cool to find a good spot to use the Stormtrooper Principle of Collusively Stupid Entanglement, so I'll reco push as well.

The most important thing here is the size of the pot in relation to how much money is left behind. You all have effectively $17 or so left, and the pot is about $21. So your first goal is to win the thing outright. But you are certainly beat for high with no chance to win high. And I don't see an A2 folding here.

So given that you have 0 fold equity and are going to show down, your next best objective is to have as many opponents as possible.

If you push, I can't see an A2 folding here. If someone else pushed here would you fold A2 if say second to act? So i really don't think you'll push them out. But if you check, there are some high hands that might stay in or call that you'd like to see stick around, and some A3 that might decide to stay.

If everyone had, say $35 left, then there is lots of value in pushing as a bare A2 might then fold, as your bet demonstrates commits you, thus demonstrating your Stupidity nicely.

--Greg