Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
hmmmmm hmmmmm is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: Roy Cooke on Cheating and Cheaters

Tone Barbaccio Mar 9 2002, 10:59 am show options
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: "Tone Barbaccio" <hakt...@hotmail.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 18:59:28 GMT
Subject: Roy Cooke and Planet Poker - Crosspost from 2+2

Read this on the 2+2 site. As I play often on Planet I found it to be very
interesting. I have a MAJOR problem if what is stated below is the case.
pokerstuff if you read this I hope you didn't mind the crosspost. I think
your post is extremely interesting.
--
Tone Barbaccio
hakt0ne

Roy Cooke and privacy and PlanetPoker

Posted By: pokerstuff
Date: Tuesday, 5 March 2002, at 1:52 p.m.

I like planet poker. They have a very strict privacy agreement where they
explain that no one can look at hand histories except in certain instances
of investigation, and that no one including Mike Caro himself will be able
to look at who the players are involved in hand histories should Mike to
studies of results. This is a private matter according to Planetpoker, and
learning things about how people play is not available to anyone.

Roy Cooke their manager seems to not to believe in this policy. While
visiting Las Vegas...Roy Cooke told me that he like to look at hand
histories to see how people play. Roy then stated "thecount" was the
winningest player on Planet. Followed by Roy stating Marlen, then of course
GWS, cleanedaboy, db, where right up there. Pretty bad to confirm for sure
to people that they have won more than me, and it is none of anyones
business how much I may win or lose.

When I asked about a player at planet...Roy many times said "yes...he
plays slow..or "yes, he plays fast." Kind of wild, when you think he was at
a poker table at the time spouting.

I was still upset about this, when 3 weeks later Roy Cooke wrote in the
Cardplayer telling everyone how he likes to look at hand histories, where no
one can embellish, etc. I have written Planet, and Roy Cooke answered saying
that he can not help but talk about it...people ask, and he IS human...( an
excuse for anything right? ).

So why does Planet even have a privacy agreement if their cardroom manager
totally goes against all the promises made?

As a player who often plays against Roy Cooke, I wonder how much money
Planet has cost me by allowing Roy Cooke to see how I play any time he
likes.

Roy reveals much more...and I am surprised that he even puts the fact that
he ignores the privacy agreement in the Cardplayer. Actually, Mike Caro says
that Roy regrets writing that. I would also regret Roy telling his customers
what he is doing. I agree with Mike. If Planet allows Roy Cooke this
tremendous abuse, I would regret putting it in print also.

Just want to know any thoughts...and I am surprised Planet has not
apologized for breaking their agreement, and for costing so much money to
those who play planet, and then play live against Roy Cooke.