View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Marginal hand #2 Play or no play

[ QUOTE ]
grjr- Showing marginal hands being played when there are solid draws to the nuts is fine but the hands you should be putting in are the ones that you you miss the flop or flop middle or bottom pair with no backdoors. These are the hands that get us in trouble with the margial limpers. The high card strength just isn't there to bail us out when our draws don't flop. I think we all can agree that you can't really go wrong chasing a monster if the odds are even close due to implied odds but what do you do when you're drawing to 2 pair or trips? These decisions are more frequent and in many cases tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken Droolie. This was only hand #2 though so can you blame me for starting out with a couple of winners? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I've got lots of marginal hands (surprise) so I'll be sure to mix it up some. I want to get to some more BDFD hands also since everybody seems to like those. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and the original idea of posting these was to show hands where more than half of the posters agreed on the flop call. This could help the "too tight" people realize where they are leaving some money on the table.

Frankly I'm surprised that 90% of the people who responded wouldn't call in this hand. It didn't seem like that bad of a decision to me.