View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: (Video of me 20 tabling ) Final conclusions and results

links to video: http://temp.dallascbc.com/20_tabling_video.avi
or
http://www.pokermentor.net/ftp/20_tabling_video.rar

[ QUOTE ]
"Oh please! The Siege tanking micro was way more tedious than Protoss micro!

Of course, I normally just got lazy with Protoss and built as many Carriers as the unit limit would allow in the giant 8 player games I'd play with friends. Nothing is funnier than seeing two people conspiring to kill you as you take over the map, ganging up on one carrier fleet while sending another army to attack your other flank... just to find another giant carrier fleet waiting for them.

Ah memories... It was the cheesiest strategy known to man, but to implement it with the maximum number possible was beautiful."

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, I normally just got lazy with Protoss and built as many Carriers as the unit limit would allow in the giant 8 player games I'd play with friends. Nothing is funnier than seeing two people conspiring to kill you as you take over the map, ganging up on one carrier fleet while sending another army to attack your other flank... just to find another giant carrier fleet waiting for them.

Ah memories... It was the cheesiest strategy known to man, but to implement it with the maximum number possible was beautiful."

LOL, it's interesting how the must fun time in that game was also my noobies days playing BGH. Was having the time of my life and each fight seemed so epic, getting very skilled was fun too but in a different way. I think these same feelings apply to poker, like I don't enjoy it how I used to.

There's also something ironic about the stages of SC. Real noobies are like "carriers OMG <3", and then 1 step up the players are like, "stfu noob, carriers suck", but then somewhere in that final stage you realize that carriers do have legitamit uses

[ QUOTE ]
What app did you use to tape your moniter, I've been trying to figure this out for a while.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I used "my screen recorder 2.4". It was the best one I could find. Initially I used cam studio and netu2 mediaCam but resulted in even choppier movies.

[ QUOTE ]
Dam, I really wanted to find out how some of those hands ended. What a wild ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too lol, usually I didn't have time to see the outcomes of the hands

[ QUOTE ]
You have no idea what you're talking about sir.

Protoss were the macroing race, unless you're a Garimto-type it's Zerg and Terran that need the quick hand speed. That's why there are so few Korean professional gamers that Protoss. Hence the foreigners like Nazgul, Rekrul, and HellGhost (I think) playing as toss only.

Edit: What was your APM? I only hit 120 APM in a game less than 30 mins. In comparison for those wondering, progamers are typically 300+ though some manage to get by with 150+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played SC for 2 years back in the day before the APM software was even out, was actually playing WAR III when it did come out.. They didn't even have replays back when I played lol,
The game seems to have changed a lot since back then, but you caught me anyway I wanted to compare 20 tabling to SC somehow and was hoping no SC experts would read it^^;; But anyway, why is toss macro, they have so few units? I just remember having to take care of the ones I did have, I would argue that macro is more important than micro for 20 tables anyway though:P

is it still T > Z > P > T? , I know that is over simplification, but it did have some substance to it when I played, the better player still usually won though

ps. those progamers with 300+ click each action 3 times ^^