View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: $25-$50 NL KJo in the bb

I might've checked the flop.....here's why:

basically my feeling is that after you've reraised preflop and been called, your hand strength (pair of jacks with king kicker) is irrelevant.....what I mean, is that when you bet the flop you may as well be bluffing because your hand beats nothing and if you're planning on calling a flop checkraise or put in any money on any other street it's purely to pick off a bluff.....so in my experience, the best way to do that is check the flop - it often induces two streets worth of barrels from aggro players.....it's true that the ace sucks on the turn because it is a scare card for both of you, but to me the number of times an ace hits the turn is totally outweighed by the bluff-catching value of when it doesn't......

now, it's possible that I'm confusing the nature of this villain and this game....so change a few things (i.e. - villain is actually the type to call value bets with a hand worse than a pair of jacks after being reraised preflop by a tight player, or villain never bluffs on the turn, or villain never bluff check-raises, etc.) and my above statements may be incorrect.....however, if I'm understanding this typical online villain correctly, I think a flop check is a viable option......