View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Why did Jesus have to die?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you not see the contradiction here? Sins must be punished because thats the moral and just thing to do. Oh wait just kidding we crucified some innocent guy so sins dont have to be punished anymore...

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that. Sins do have to be punished. All sin without exception. You will pay for your own sins apart from faith in Christ. To all who believe, their sins were nailed to the cross with Jesus and paid for in full.

[ QUOTE ]
How could a man's sacrafice possibly shake the foundations of morality.

[/ QUOTE ]

This man is the son of God--fully man and fully God which qualifies him to stand in our place and live the perfect life as a man and to forgive our sins based on faith in him.

[ QUOTE ]
Also you seem to be putting limitations on God's power in that he cannot do anything unjust or sinful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what he reveales about himself. It is not a restriction that *I* am putting on him.

[ QUOTE ]
Well if he is going around changing morality so child rapists can get into heaven thats pretty unjust if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, he is not "changing" morality he is upholding it. He counts faith in Christ as righteousness. And all who have a saving faith will live righteous (although imperfect) lives. Being a child rapist is not a mark of someone who has been born of God through faith in the gospel.