Thread: QQ
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: QQ

[ QUOTE ]
...and good random thoughts cit.

I've done this exactly once, against a guy (whom I noted was 4-tabling) when I had AA. It worked wonderfully. However, AA certainly isn't QQ, and while I *think* I raise, SB rams any two, BB folds, I call with QQ is a good thing, I haven't ran the numbers. I'm definitely not pulling this with anything but QQ/KK/AA, and its probably more like only AA in practice. I just felt like making a reply that actually contained some thought given the question didn't contain any. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Another thought would be, if you don't do this at the 215s because you opponents read it for a monster, have you considered doing it with junk? (forget this case, BB is way too short) I have often wondered if there are situations where a min raise actually has more FE than a push...

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, i've used small raises in odd spots for both reasons you cited,

a) semi-thinking player doesn't realize it's a trap and just continues to bully
b) use it to generate more folding equity than my standard pushes because it looks SO weird.

i think i mentioned that "except in rare cases" all my best look the same. the rare cases are there, and are usually there to exploit some kind of donkish play or the other that people to act behind me (or hey, some donk who limped sometimes) has evidenced himself to be capable of.

citanul