View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Trip to the bookstore

[ QUOTE ]
Invisible Monsters is an amazing book, IMHO. Story's incredibly [censored] up the way Fight Club and Survivor were. Female narrator kinda like Diary. Basically I'm betting you'll dig it. One request. After you have finished the book, answer a question I'll ask. In the interest of science.

I'm amazed that you haven't read the Dark Tower series. You say that you generally enjoy King. Have you read many other recent Stephen King novels? If so you'll enjoy the series more, 'cause about half of his books are related to the Dark Tower in some way. But they're by no means required reading. A warning. The first book is by far the worst of the lot, so I would advise you to not get discouraged at the get-go. The later books are some of the most amazing bits of story-telling I've yet encountered in my admittedly short life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to read Stephen King when I was in the Army which was almost 8-10 years ago now. I haven't him at all since but for a book of collected short stories. I actually haven't read much of anything to tell the truth but I'm looking to change that starting now.