View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Going to try playing live 1/2 for a living....

i only skimmed over your post because it was actually longer than my average post-length.

[ QUOTE ]
in my ten+ trips to Turning Stone, I've never gone home stuck save for one time

[/ QUOTE ]

you are not a long-term winning player if you have only played 10x.
you are also not a winning player if you think that your success over 10 sessions means ANYTHING.

[ QUOTE ]

If I lived closer to Turning Stone I would surely try it everyday (not sure how live weekdays are though as I've pretty much only gone up on weekends), but as it is its a pretty grueling drive

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure how close you are to any other poker rooms...but I get the impression that the 1.5 hour drive to Turning Stone is because it's the CLOSEST to you (to my knowledge there's not much else up there...maybe Niagara Falls if you're coming from that direction).

The cost of gas (and tolls perhaps??) as well as the fatigue from kaing that drive regularly will eat you alive.
no way you can make it given the new information you are providing.

I believe you also mentioned that it took them awhile just to get an NL game going. If this is the case on the weekends...then your problem on the weekdays might not be regarding how GOOD the game is..but whether the game even is there to be played.
(turning-stone regulars around here perhaps could provide more info on whether or not 1/2 NL is regularly spread at TS)