Thread: Flat Tax?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Flat Tax?

Kinsley's article was almost all puff. The man should be put on a raft with limited supplies and towed out to sea, where the Good Lord can determine his fate. If sharks chew off both his arms, then I would consider that a just punishment for his crimes against journalistic integrity.

1.) Income is not simple to determine. This revelation is not all that stupendous. Does he offer any resolutions?

2. Flat tax is roughly equal to lower tax. I find nothing wrong with this if it corresponded to a reduction in spending by the idiots in congress, not that any of us are holding are collective breathes on that score, or that such a reasonable course would be implemented by the criminals we elect to the Federal Legislative Body.

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of the complexity in the tax system is there because of special privileges granted to special people who have special influence on not so special legislators.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't there a Saturday Night Live character that used to say 'Now isn't that special'!

[ QUOTE ]
But simple is not always better....But Forbes' plan seems too simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be worth a try? At least starting simple, it may acutally come out of the legislative process as a more or less sane change, as opposed to trying to simplfy or adjust the existing tax code we have. I have dealt with our present tax code, as I am sure you and also many others that post here have, and it is a convoluted mess.

-Zeno