Thread: Flat Tax?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Flat Tax?

[ QUOTE ]
You're making two errors:

1) Presuming that I am not interested in the question I'm asking. What if I haven't looked up the websites of conservative think tanks about this because I'm not that interested...but I still am interested in exploring the idea a bit further especially on this forum? If I had posted on another forum a query about whether insects have brains, in a relevant thread, would you say: "I doubt you're really interested, or you would have taken the time to research it elsewhere." Sheesh. Who put vinegar in your coffee this morning anyway?

2) Presuming that Forbes is "dishonestly" pitching the flat tax as a way to simplify the tax code. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. And maybe the flat tax would help to simplify the tax code (with a higher exemption level than at present but fewer deductions)--or maybe it wouldn't. My guess is the former, but how are we to know either way for sure based only on the two columns posted thus far in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I am not doubting your interest in the subject matter. I am doubting that Steve Forbes has actually formulated any realistic way of simplifying the tax code. My suggestion of looking at conservative think tanks was sincere.

2) From reading his article I think it is pretty obvious that Forbes is not being completely honest about what he wants to accomplish with the flat tax.