View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Oh my!! Should I risk my TOURNAMENT LIFE!! so early?!?!?!

Hello All,

Early in $100 MTT

Relevent stacks:

UTG = 87 BB
UTG+1 = 124 BB
MP1 = 107 BB
ME = 100 BB

In in the CO w/ black 66

UTG limps, UTG+1 limp, MP1 Raises to 4 BB's, I call, UTG calls, now UTG+1 raises to 14BB's ?!?!

MP1 calls, so I figure I'm getting some nice implied odds on 2 or 3 stacks, UTG didn't limp/raise the first chance he had to so I'm not worried about him re-opeining the betting for UTG+1, so I call, UTG folds

Flop (44BBs) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Oh boy.

UTG+1 bets 33 BB's, MP1 calls

Hero has 84 BB's left.

I figure UTG+1 for a big pair given his PF actions.

If I get HU with him with a push now I have 40% equity in a pot w/ 245BB's where I'm putting in 84BB's, I like that price and will take it every day of the week (yes even for my TOURNAMENT LIFE)

The problem is MP1's flat call.

I have no read, and MP1's hand may seriously diminish my equity in this pot if I push and he comes along after UTG+1 calls (I *know* UTG+1 has a big pair and is coming along if I push)

I thought about calling, but I don't like the thought of a blank coming off and I have to fold to any reasonable bet in this big pot.

I also don't like the thought of my card coming and getting no action on the turn.

So, what do you put MP1 on, what do you think of my line so far, and what do you do?

Regards,
Woodguy