View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Riptide 5K Complete Tourney Summary

Level 1 87o: I'm probably checking the flop to induce a bluff, than reraising big time. If no one takes a stab at the flop I'm going aggro on the turn if it's non-scary.
AQs: At a full 9handed table, I muck AQ UTG.

Level 4
A4s: Stinky!! A4 is only playable from LP against a maximum of 3 players IMO. Absoloutely no way you should be contesting this pot in any way shape or form.
AA: I love this!! You got your donkeys money in the middle very skillfully.

Level 10
A5s: Should you or should you not be playing these hands in these situations is really read dependant. You should lean towards trying not to let people bully you off your hands, but at the same time be aware of who's not been in there ramming and jamming every third pot.

I wouldn't worry about not playing hands through an entire level. Once in a blue moon I go as long as 25 minutes at a time without playing a pot if the blinds are low and my opponents are idiots.
In general I think our styles are pretty much similar, although I think you need to work on not overvaluing your weaker aces.
Oh, and as for rebuy-specific strat, I can't help you there. I avoid rebuy tourneys like a festering plague. When I knock someone out I want them to stay out.