View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Organ donating? What are the cons?

Perhaps i could put it in my will that [censored] could do a "does this person suck?" thread on them before they get my kidneys?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A) There are people that you wish death upon?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't normally waste my time walking around wishing death upon others, but there are definitely people whose lives I would reject saving if given the opportunity.

[ QUOTE ]
B) There are *enough* people out there that you wish death upon, that you think there's a chance that one of them will get your organs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that and I will proabably go with jakethebake's line and donate my body to medical science.
I meant that it's a potential reason why someone might consider rejecting to become an organ donor.

[ QUOTE ]
C) And you think that who gets your organs will make a lick of difference to you after you're dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I'm dead it won't make any difference to me who gets my money either, but I'd still rather see it benefit someone I care about than someone I hate. In fact, I would rather have my money cremated than solely benefitting someone I hate - the same goes for my kidneys.

[ QUOTE ]
D) How would you feel one day when you need a transplant and you discover that nobody is donating organs anymore because everyone is as selfish as you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I would think it sucked. But that doesn't automatically give other people any moral obligation to let me inherit their organs. But again, I'm only arguing that I have the right to reject donating organs - not that it's the right thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]