View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: \"I wouldn\'t piss on you if you were on fire\"

So, at what point is the waitress just being a b*tch?

I play pub poker at the same place every week for months now. Not only have I never walked out on a tab, but twice I have paid tabs of friends who accidently walked out on their tabs. Sometimes they ask for a credit card nowadays, but mostly they never bother.

Recently, I got a new waitress, I ordered a beer, she asked for a credit card. I told her that I actually was just having one beer tonight, so didn't want to run a tab. She leaves, and comes back, with a reciept, and asks me to pay for the beer.

Note that I did not say that she brought the beer. No, she just brought the receipt and wanted me to PREPAY for my beer. I responded that this was unacceptable, and when she hands me a beer, I will be glad to hand her some money. Seriously has anyone had this one happen to them? It still concerns me to this day. The only "prepay" diner or bar I have ever been in would be "McDonalds," and I'm thinking the rules are valid in being a little different there...

Fortunately I know most of the waitresses table areas, so I simply avoid her area now.

Ray