View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: what affects roi the most?

I was actually going to start a thread on this subject.

For me, personally, meaning its a highly subjective question, it would have to be early play. That affects everything after it and there is much more to come after early play than there is after late bubble play obviously.

I became such a good bubble player that I got an inflated ego and thought I was therefore a great poker player...well, im not, I suck. But, my strength is definetely late big and short stack play. The problem is when I am playing too many pots early and end up at level 5 with a shortie, forcing me to play the "bubble" with 6-7 left.

In a SNG, you're post flop "greatness" is not getting you anywhere early...limping everytime you get 78s just because "I can get away from it" is still dumb. yeah, on the button with 3 limpers its great. But early game discipline is key to my swings because I tend to always overestimate my implied odds. "was this a good push" is almost never question I ask, I instead ask, "why am I <10bbs at level 4.

ROI is going to balance over time on your late game pushing (given you understand basic bubble strategy)...its what you get there with that really affects its level.