View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Are we done with the pennies yet?

[ QUOTE ]
You are a [censored]. The cashiers at most stores are held accountable for thier tills and if they let everyone short them $0.01-$0.03 they would come up with signigicant discrepancies. I've had a lot of experience with asswipes who act like children in stores because they think they can round prices down when the price is $XX.02 and get all pissed off about having to break a dollar.

There's a reason most stores don't have a penny tray, it's because it is poor cash management and loss prevention policy to have money sitting out in a cashwrap area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. You don't understand the game. The till is not off, and nobody gets shorted. When there is a tray full of pennies, the correct change is put into the cash register, and it balances at the end of the day.

And I never would expect for someone to pay for my extra $.02. I told you, I'd give an item back. If they play the game, it solves this problem. Everyone is a winner, but it is a ridiculous exercise that can be done without.

Get off your high horse. I'm sorry that you are angry about your cashier's job. I had that job myself once, and the penny tray made everything hunky dory, although pointless.

Good luck tomorrow at the till, and wash your hands often.