View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Playing Top Set in NL50 at Paradise

[ QUOTE ]
There were a couple of limpers to my friend in the SB who looked at JJ. He raised to $3.50

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 50$NL right? My first thought is that 7x BB is too much to be raising with JJ when you'll be out of position after the flop. Anyway, you got two callers here, so i guess you were right.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes JT4 with two to a suit. He leads $5 into the $10 pot and both villains call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opponents already showed they make pretty loose calls PF. The pot is big enough to be happy with taking it down right there, in case nobody wants to give you action. Betting 1/2 pot looks like a continuation bet or a probe bet. They probably think you have AJ at best.

This would be good, except for the fact that you are giving them odds to draw to a flush. Well, not the exact odds, but probably close enough if you factor in implied odds and the fact that they probably think you have nothing.

Bet more like 8$ next time. Even pot size wouldn't be incorrect IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn comes 6, putting a 3 flush on the board and he pushes in for about $35.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's gonna call that with a worse hand than yours?

The pot is 25$, now you should be making an information bet, let's say about 10$. This might be small enough to get called by a worse hand, and if you get raised, you can get away from it, or take the odds to draw to a boat, which is about 22% here (i think).

If you just get called, you still have the option of sticking that last 25$ in on the river if you improve, or try to see a cheap showdown if you don't.

I'm just thinking this out as a write it, but this should enable you to save half your stack in case you're up against the flush, and maybe extract 10-35$ more from one of them if they don't have it or you hit the boat. Plz correct me if i'm wrong...