View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: 1 year/almost pooh-bah post(very long, probably boring)

Good luck on your quest. I hope things work out. I agree with the reply from JojoDiego. I spent 4 years at Washington State University and it was definitely the easiest, most fun time of my life. I basically screwed off, and often, and attend classes enough to graduate with a gpa of around 2.5. Nothing spetacular, but it got the degree. I urge you to stay in school, work on your poker game, and do enough to graduate. Someday, that degree could really help you land a job paying much more than one you'd find without the paper. While you attend the various courses, you could actually stumble across a career field you will actually enjoy. It would be a shame if you quit school, picked up all the "grown up" responsibilities, like a spouse, kids, mortgage, etc., and then have the poker thing take a crap. That would almost guarantee you a job that you hate, lousy pay, and a whole bunch of "what if's" regarding your decision to quit school early. Take it from an old, fat guy, get your degree, and then chase the dream. Good luck.