View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: AA facing turn push

I'm calling this/

As for hand range, only hand that beats us is a set. Obviously this is a possibility, especially with the min-checkraise on the flop. However I think a set would have just checked it to you on the turn thinking you would for sure push it in yourself. He wouldnt want to let you off the hook by making this awkward push on you.

On the other hand, after the flop action villian can pretty clearly put you on an overpair of some type. Therefore the K is a big scare card for most of your range (QQ and down). If he was pushing a draw or a weak made hand like A7 on the flop hoping you missed with overcards this would look like a good card to test you on.

Then again, he could be playing completely straightforward and could have hit this K with Kx diamonds or a hand that just gained outs with clubs.

Considering these possibilities and the fact that two pair on that board is extremely unlikely, I believe a call is in order.
I don't like getting pushed off aces when they are clearly the top hand in my range. Unless I have a specific read/reason, which I do not believe that you do.